Group discussion is a new trend that has come up in order to evaluate student personality. A group of participants are made to discuss on a topic or subject for a limited time and then assessed accordingly. It is a chance for you to be more vocal. A GD is a methodology used by an organization to gauge whether the candidate has certain personality traits and/or skills that it desires in its members. In this methodology, the group of candidates is given a topic or a situation, given a few minutes to think about the same, and then asked to discuss among themselves for 15 – 20 Minutes and place their opinion on the topic.
Group Discussion Test is the most important and most popular technique of personality testing. It is used for selecting candidates for MBA, SSB, Airlines, Bank officers, Research scholars, Call Centre etc. It enables the examiner to assess candidate’s leadership ability, intellectual level, communication ability, socialisation skill and an ability to motivate and influence others. The most important aspect of Group Discussion is its practical approach for analysing the inner orientations of the candidates. The enhanced leadership ability of the candidate has to be in context of abilities and responses of other individuals of the group.
English Mania Training module for Group Discussion would help to train the minds of the readers so that they could appear in the Group Discussions and emerge with flying colours. The module comprises three parts-I, II and III-and covers the current topics with complete fidelity. It would inculcate the basic principles and values in candidates so that they could succeed in any Group Discussion Test.
There are a lot of advantages of a group discussion:
- It helps to shed away the shyness of a candidate and brings his viewpoint amidst all.
- It stimulates to think in a different, new way.
- It helps the candidate in understanding his/ her own strengths and weaknesses.
- It acts as an aid in expansion of the knowledge of the participant.
- It helps to analyse the social or economic issues more logically.
Here is a list of what should be done and what should be avoided at a Group Discussion (GD)
- Be as natural as possible. Do not try to be someone you are not. Be yourself. In an attempt to be someone else, your opinions will not be portrayed.
- Sit with a straight and confident posture.
- Be assertive yet humble. You need to stick to your values and beliefs, but learn to respect the values and opinions of others too.
- Grab the opportunity to speak first, i.e. to start the group discussion with your opinion. It generally leaves a good impression on the evaluator, but take the move only if you have complete knowledge of the subject.
- Do not repeat a point, or be lengthy or irrelevant. Also intervene, if someone else is going on an irrelevant track.
- Facilitate contribution from others. Do not just go on and on and on with only your opinionated view. Remember, it is a group discussion. Allow others to speak too.
- Make an eye contact with all the participants. It creates more room for conversation. Also keep nodding, when others speak, it shows receptivity.
- Be an active and dynamic participant. The examiner wants to hear you speak. So do put forth your views.
- Be positive and prepare your thoughts well but do not be over-confident.
- Think well before you speak. You are being heard and judged upon.
- When raising an objection to a point kept by another speaker, back it up with a solid reason to get the point across.
- Use quotes, facts and figures, statements, everyday life examples to express a clear chain of thoughts. Also it might leave a good impression on the examiner and help you score well.
These are some basic yet very vital tips that will help you feel a bit more confident about yourself and make you ready to appear for that group discussion trend.Group Discussion Institutes in Bhubaneswar,GD Institutes in bhubaneswar,GD Institutes in Acharyabihar