How to answer Tell me about Yourself in Personal InterviewMay 15, 2014
Amazing FactsMay 15, 2014
- Do you know word ‘alphabet’ comes from first two letters Greek alphabet – alpha and beta ?
- Here is a very simple sentence which uses every letter of the alphabet , it is ‘The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog ‘ !
- Do you know about ‘crutch word’s? Crutch words are those words which we slip into sentences to give us more time to think or emphasize on some point. We start using them unconsciously but gradually they became part of our verbal tics. Few examples of these words are -actually, obviously, like, honestly, basically etc. Most of the times they don’t add any value or meaning of a statement , for example, ‘I actually was absent that day. So what is your crutch word?
- Challenge your friends by asking them to tell a rhyming English word for any of following five words- month, silver, angel, orange or bulb. Actually there is no rhyming word in English language for any of these five words!
- Want to impress your friends? Remember, Scolionophobia –It means to have fear of School, hope you don’t have it.
- Talking of Phobias, you may get whole list of phobias on internet, but here is one interesting phobia – ‘Phobophobia’–It means fear (phobia) of having any phobia. So you got a word for phobia of phobias.
- The word ‘swims’ when turned upside down will still look like same i.e.’swims’.
- The sentence ‘Are you as bored as I am ‘ can be read backwards and would still make sense!
- Now test your friends, ask them to say ‘the sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick’. It is known to be the toughest tongue –twister in English language.
- Do you know a funny fact about the word ‘listen’? It contains the same letters as the word ‘silent’!
- Do you know there used to be a word in the dictionary (from 1932 to 1940), which did not have any meaning? The word was ‘Dord’. It happened due to some error, this word was later known as Ghost word.