No one can ever forget the two minute advertisement of Maggi. It is one of the most loved fast-food in India. The fans would now have to deal with a bad news as Indian food inspectors have asked Nestle India to recall a consignment of Maggi Noodles from northern state of U.P. The inspectors claimed that Maggi Noodles contain high levels of MSG and lead. The ongoing problem can also result in a ban on Maggi in India. Do you think Maggi should be banned?
• If the claim of Indian food inspectors about LEAD content being 17 times higher than the standard is true, then definitely Nestle should be put under the legal scrutiny and Maggi should be banned.
• Maggi Noodles is a junk food that targets youngsters and children. They need healthy food to live a healthy life.
• Till now the tests have shown that Maggi sample contained MSG and lead. Those people who support MSG should not forget that the problem extends to excess lead content.
• There is an increasingly growing trend of junk foods and that needs to be stopped at some place. It is high time such kind of products should be prohibited from market.
• The chemicals present in Maggi and other noodles are harmful for children and often lead to weight gain, liver inflammation, brain damage and other severe health problems.
• US FDA considers the addition of MSG to be “generally recognized as safe.” Although there might be some people who are sensitive to MSG, but that doesn’t means Maggi should be banned.
• MSG is naturally present in many regular foods, like tomatoes, cheeses, potatoes and mushrooms. People across the world have consumed glutamate-rich products throughout history.
• There are many other junk foods available in the market which in no way can be termed as healthy food. If Maggi has to be banned, all those foods should also be banned.
• Don’t forget that Cigarette and tobacco consumption is legal in India despite the fact that they have harmful impact on health.
There is an increasingly growing trend of fast and junk foods In India. The availability of such foods makes children and youngsters careless about their health. It becomes tough for parents to control eating habits of their children. There is a need of change that can be witnessed through stringent regulations. It is a high time to take some strict measures against the companies that follow negligent approach in food production process.
The strict steps should be taken not just against Maggi but all the junk food should be evaluated on health standards and a stringent action should be taken to save the coming generations.
GD Topic-II-English Mania