There are many friends who daily argue on a topic. Whenever they go for an outing in a restaurant the lover of non-vegetarian food starts teasing the other group by saying that you are simply wasting money by having vegetarian food. But the other group is no less and confidently states that Vegetarian food is healthier than non-vegetarian food. So do you support the argument?
• Vegetarian diets have higher fiber content and folate as compared to the non-vegetarian diets. Moreover the saturated fats and cholesterol is found at a lower side in vegetarian diets.
• Vegetarian diets reduce the risk of many diseases like obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis and especially cancer. Non-vegetarians are more prone to chronic diseases.
• Check out the statistics of western countries. It clearly shows that on average, vegetarians have a longer life than non-vegetarians.
• Vegetarian diet is not restricted to some limited food. The variety of vegetarian dishes that can be made is endless.
• Chicken and fish contains trans fatty acids and when consumed deep friend can become of the reasons of heart diseases.
• Vegetarian or non vegetarian, it doesn’t matter. What really matter are the factors like life style and the eating habits in maintaining good health.
• All the vegetarians are not healthy. They consume potato chips, high fat cheese, deep fried food, junk food and are equally prone to the diseases.
• Vegetarian or non vegetarian, the key word is exercise. No food is healthy if it is not supported by exercise.
• Vegetarians have to suffer from deficiencies of protein, iron, calcium and most importantly vitamin B12.
• Vegetarians have to make an extra expense on eating the supplements to fulfill their need of Vitamin B12 and other essential nutrients.
If the present generation’s eating habits and lifestyles are studied then vegetarian or non-vegetarian, both the diets will fail. India had a culture of consuming vegetarian food from ancient past, and people during that time were healthy with a long life span. All types of foods have their pros and cons. Just select the right diet and stay fit and healthy.