GD Topic: Should mobile phones be allowed in schools & colleges?November 28, 2017
Which is better Urban or Rural, Urban life vs Rural life in indiaDecember 6, 2017
According to the orders issued by the UIDAI and the mobile companies, all the mobile phone subscribers are requested to mandatorily link their SIM cards with their Aadhaar Number by 6th February 2018. Aadhar linking with mobile phone is now a hot controversy, there is debate running between two groups of peoples some says linking Aadhar card to mobile number will help to national security but there is another group opposing this concept in their opinion it will harm individual’s privacy. Let’s find out conclusion on today’s GD topic: Aadhaar-Mobile linking – Good or Bad?
- Aadhaar serves as an identity and address proof. By connecting Aadhar card with mobile number govt. can trace peoples and it will help to remove fake and it will be helpful to control illegal activity by mobile.
- By linking Aadhar card with mobile it will encourage public to use Aadhar as an Identity proof because Aadhar card is solid identity proof in India.
- By linking Aadhar card with the phone number it will increase database, many govt. the scheme now requiring Aadhar card, govt. can check the database to identify the needy person
- According to Nandan Nilekani, the creator of the Aadhaar, it is not only going to benefit the govt. sectors but private sectors as well, as with the Aadhaar backed identity will help both sectors to know who they are dealing with.
- Aadhaar is secure, as the data collected by the UIDAI is highly encrypted to prevent leakage and UIDAI does not share any information with anyone under general circumstances.
- It directly attacks the right to privacy, which is a fundamental right of every citizen, protected under the Article 21 of the Constitution of India. An Aadhar card stored biometrics information, photo, and personal detail.
- If personal data leaked from govt. the database then it can be misused by my numbers of company’s they can Trak shopping habit, traveling time etc. which will be a harm to personal privacy.
- There have already been leaks from the data of CIDR (Central Identities Data Repository), where all the data from Aadhaar is stored. Furthermore, the data provided to various corporates has also been misused to some extent.
- Cybersecurity of India is not very strong yet there is a chance that hacker will attempt to attack and if they succeeded then it will be a failure to protect national security.
Just like PAN card helped govt. to track and trace taxpayer, Aadhar can help to track the social life of public nowadays maximum peoples are having more than one sim card by linking Aadhar card it will be easy to maintain the record on them. Day by day terrorism is spreading everywhere tracing social activity can help to check terrorism is future. It’s also true that there are some chances that data may get hack but it can be protected by making strong encryption, many developed countries are following this method then why not us.